Guest Rooms 350
Kings/Suites/Doubles 200 / 15 / 135
Seasonal Rates: High Low Shoulder
Ideal Group Size 300
Max Group Size 600
Resort Fee $0
Room Tax 25.19%
Sales Tax Incl.
Curaçao International Airport
35 min 15 miles (24 km)
When your meeting or retreat is in the Caribbean, attendees want it to go on and on...
The Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort Curaçao, is the only place on earth where long meetings are a good thing! Our beautiful property boasts 350 luxurious guest rooms, fabulous culinary offerings and exciting activities. Set on a beautiful, tropical island, our resort offers cutting edge conference facilities, phenomenal dining options, and lavish guest rooms. Your attendees will experience uncompromising service, superlative views and premier amenities. Just 35 miles from Aruba, and served by daily direct flights from Miami (American Airlines, InselAir), weekly direct flights from Charlotte, North Carolina (InselAir), planning a meeting on a beautiful Caribbean Island is easy! SantaBarbaraResortCuracao.com/groups-meetings.
USA Today Readers Named Curaçao Top Caribbean Island
Posted July 17, 2014
We're excited to share the news that Curacao has been voted the #2 Best Caribbean Island in the USA TODAY Readers Choice contest!
Read More: http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-caribbean-island/
Top 10 Reasons to Meeting Curaçao
Posted November 5, 2013
The Perfect Caribbean Meeting Destination
1. Welcome to paradise! The island is located on the outer fringes of the hurricane belt which makes it less susceptible to fall storms than other islands with average temperatures of 78-82 degrees year around.
2. Claim a tax deduction for expenses with meetings held in Curaçao under the TIEA.
3. Stand on the oldest floating bridge in the world, the Queen Emma Bridge or in the Western Hemisphere's oldest synagogue in continuous use, Mikeve-Israel Emanuel Synagogue.
4. Swim, snorkel, dive, fish and boat on the crystal clear blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.
5. Explore history in Willemstad which was designated in 1997 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
6. Experience a unique culture where over 55 nationalities are represented. English is widely spoken on the island along with Dutch, Spanish and Papiamentu.
7. Savor a culinary haven with a wide variety of sidewalk cafes, gourmet restaurants that feature fresh local seafood and international dishes.
8. Hold your meeting in 38,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting space including the largest ballroom on the island.
9. Enjoy the exchange rate. One US dollar = 1.77 Antillean Guilders. ATMs are readily available around the island and allow visitors to withdraw cash in either US dollars or local currency.
10. Fly to the island on daily 2.5 hour flights from Miami.
Meetings in Curaçao are Now Tax Exempt
Posted November 5, 2013
The Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA)
The United States and Curaçao tax information exchange agreement (TIEA) was put into action. The new initiatives apply new standards for US taxpayers’ concerning business and convention expenses based in Curaçao. This tax information exchange agreement allows US taxpayers to claim a tax deduction for expenses associated with a convention held in Curaçao to the same extent as a convention held in the United States. There are limitations applicable to deductions for expenses associated with foreign conventions; however, with the implementation of this TIEA, the five islands of the Netherlands Antilles are considered part of the North American area. Therefore, expenses incurred while attending conventions, business meetings and seminars in Curaçao are allowed deductions according to the same regulations as if it were a U.S. territory.